Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Student-athlete...STUDENT comes FIRST"

Greetings Everyone! Welcome to Bridging the Gap! This blog is the start of what I hope to be a long career in Public Relations industry. For a long time I have wondered why our culture in sports seem to lack the support, both morally and financially, that it deserves.

I believe it is because many feel that a higher emphasis on sports will jeopardize educational standards. It is my hope to alleviate this feeling and convince people that there IS a way to find a healthy balance between athletics and academics.

This blog contains multiple components:

1) It will serve as a platform for the latest sports news, as well as my opinions regarding issues in sports.

2) It will highlight one effective study tip for students to experiment with if they are having trouble focusing while studying.

Since I am aiming to work in the areas of corporate responsibility and event management, I hope that my ideas on how to bridge the gap between athletics and academics will be seen by organizations such as Right to Play Canada, sports PR agencies, athletic companies and financial and scholarship companies such as Studentawards.

Throughout my career in public relations, it is my goal to make people realize that the value of sports does not mean a compromise in one's education. It is about instilling values in young men and women that will translate over into their academic lives. It is about bringing communities together through a sense of pride and achievement and empowering these young athletes to succeed both in sport and in the classroom.

Check out my personal brand below to get a better idea of who I am and what I am all about!

Until next post. Live.It.Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment